Thursday, October 2, 2014

Birth Announcements


So this is the inspiration from today.


Just as a background on myself: I like writing. I like fonts. I have played around with writing styles for a long time. But I was not in love with my own handwriting. Truly. But instead I ignored that & tried to see what I could do. What could I do that I liked? I'm still trying things out.

I am loving the idea of the cursive handwriting in the background. (The idea actually popped into my head while I lay in bed waiting for sleep to come.) But I am not sure that I am finished with this digital design.



 I really like the background pattern on this coral announcement. I tried to do something the same with the blue one but I wasn't happy with the result. So I erased it. And just posted it here in its unrefined glory.

I know there are a lot of blogs out there with recommended font pairings. But it seems so much that the fonts look so different with the words that you are using it with. And I can be an incessant critic of my own work. So if I wait until I am sure its perfect... that's like never. There is no font that is perfect.

Embrace real. Real isn't perfect.

So there it is.

Jane Reimer




2 comments:

  1. It's taking me awhile to get on here. I wanted to subscribe but I get a message saying I need to contact domain administrator, (which just might be me!) so I was waiting to get on the computer. So, ya, it looks great! I do like these birth announcements too...anything works, anything at all. Waiting till you 'get it', waiting for perfect...? Just be confident :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are wonderful! Just got on here and I'm thrilled! If I ever have another baby YOU are doing announcements! ;)

    ReplyDelete