Monday, November 24, 2014

A clean & simple design

Here is a super simple & easy card. 

Of course if you have the right punches &/ the Big Shot it will make it even easier for you. It is entirely possible to cut flags with scissors... It just takes a little longer & a little practice to get them even.



First I stamped the greeting, then used the banner framelits & the Big Shot & cut the banner.

Then I used the smallest heart from the heart framelits to cut the heart. (I do not have a small heart punch... )

 I layered the heart over the banner, punched a hole through both, then tied the linen thread. Then I used dimensionals to attach it to the card. You could glue your heart to the banner... it would be easier, but I liked the idea of the heart being able to swing.


I liked the natural texture of the woodgrain embossing folder. And the dazzling diamonds paper here I thought looked a little more elegant with Smoky Slate than with the Baked Brown Sugar, but that is entirely my own opinion.


And for this heart I used the itty bitty scraps from watercolor paper. It has its own texture & is a little thicker.

They are so simple & so fun & oh so elegant yet. And while I was at it I made a set of 8 of these 'believe' cards as Christmas cards... 

They are a great card to make multiples of. You just need your sentiment (you could print them off the computer to the size you want) and away you go! Happy Birthday, Thank-you, Happy Anniversary, Bridal Shower, Wedding,Sympathy here we come!

Happy creating to you,
Jane


How I did it:
*Naturals White Cardstock for the base (& embossed layers)
*Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, or Watercolor Paper or Real Red for the hearts.
*Baked Brown Sugar or Smoky Slate cardstock for the banner
*Memento Ink for the sentiment. (thanks & believe are from the Good Greetings & the Happy Birthday comes from the Postage Stamp Hostess Sets, both retired. But I do have new Good Greetings available if you are interested.)
*Woodgrain Embossing Folder
*Linen Thread or White Baker's Twine

2 comments: