Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Little White & Krafty Christmas!

I've started making Christmas cards. I need a stack every year around here, and it is never too soon to start. That way, hopefully, it doesn't get too rushed with too many things last minute later. A person can always try. Right?!

I kept these simple.


The cardstock is Baked Brown Sugar. That's it. One layer raised up over the other with dimensionals.
This first one I used Baked Brown Sugar Ink & colored in areas on the fancy snowflake with SU!'s chalk marker.

The greeting is stamped with White Staz-On Ink and it is from the Good Greetings Hostess set.


And because I like to try different things... I embossed this snowflake with White Embossing Powder, tied some Cherry Cobbler baker's twine around it and added a pearl I colored with the Cherry Cobbler blendabilities! I like the touch of red here!

The snowflake comes from the Letterpress Winter photopolymer set. (Clear stamps in easy speak)

All right. I'm going to give myself a challenge. To post at least one Christmas card every week from now until Christmas. 

Take care,
Jane





















x

4 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for a new card every week.

    These here are nice, dressy, and could veer masculine or shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'll have to make sure to have a new one every week! That's okay. I have some fun ones in progress downstairs... right now that I know you would like to make with me. They involve a paintbrush...

      Delete
  2. What I like about these is the simple elegance. Simple. That's what I've gotta do these days with my cards since time hardly exists! This is where I check for quick ideas right now! And you faithfully deliver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Grace, that is a huge compliment! I like hearing feedback, even if it isn't your style... especially when I make cards to sell, I may as well be making what people like, after all.

      Delete