Friday, November 7, 2014

September Paper Pumpkin

I am going to show you what I did with September's Paper Pumpkin kit.

I have procrastinated.  I really struggled with this one. I wanted to come up with something really fun.

But the kit was so full of Halloween. And I just don't do halloween.

There was burlap. I kinda like burlap, but not so great on cards.

Anyways. I was going to be a brave demonstrator & show my customers that you can always do something cute & fun if you think outside the box. But it took until the October kit came...


I was asked to do the centrepieces for our Thanksgiving supper which was a potluck dinner, so I guess it really was Thanksgiving dinner... But I keep calling it supper because who really knows why.


My first plan was to do mason jars, on wood circles with dried dill from the garden. I considered spraying the dill, but decided against it for more of an earthy look. But I ended up spraying the jars white. (I think they would be pretty antiqued yet with a little glaze, but I gotta enjoy them stark like this first for a little while...)

 And suddenly they needed tags. The burlap bags were wonderful for that! I used my Big Shot & the banners framelits for that. Then the stamp set & the feathers from October's kit fit so perfectly with the orange sequin trim.

And last of all I added the bird stickers from the September kit. And then with some purple, orange & yellow napkins, and a candle we had a cheerful scene!

Now I'm thinking that I could take those tags off & adhere them to card fronts...  or maybe they have served their purpose, maybe I'll procrastinate about that decision. But those jars, they are keepers. I'm dreaming of vases in the summertime, and I need to think up something Christmassy for the next season.

Wishing you stamping fun!
Jane

5 comments:

  1. Good job! Love painted jars. You put the candle inside, right? Such a neat glow…

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be pretty, but no, they were bright colors as well and sat beside on the wood piece. I had the dried dill in the jars. It would have been fun to have 2 or 3 sizes of jars and the candles in the smaller ones, but I'll save that for another time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute tags! I love them against the jars - so striking! Thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love those! Super cute idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh Love the look of your mason jars. The tag embellishments turned out great. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge.

    ReplyDelete