Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Snowman Globe Christmas

I like snowmen. They make winter ever so much more cheerful.


This is the first ever shaker card I've made. It always looked like you needed so many extra supplies that it scared me off at first. But really, I needed the shaker frames. They are like dimensionals, just circles, and sticky on both sides so you can keep all the glitter fun contained. And a window sheet so you can see all that glitter when it moves!

Here is a close up of the card:


Here is how I did it:

First I stamped the snowman & colored with blendabilities. Then added a hint of blue to the sky with a water pen.

Then I added the shaker frame & added a snowflake and some glitter. Then add a window sheet cut just bigger than the shaker frame.

Using framelits & Big Shot, or a punch, cut your circle (or whatever shape you wish) in the cardstock. Make sure it is just smaller than the shaker frame you used or you will see it through the front.

Next I embossed the front cardstock & assembled card. You will want to add this last layer with dimensionals so it all lays right.

1st layer is the card base.
2nd layer is your shaker frame set (snowman, glitter, & window sheets).
3 layer is the top embossed layer of the card.

Now I'm off to make another card,
Jane

3 comments:

  1. JUST like me! I've always avoided them cuz of all the "extra" stuff. Well. This looks really simple...thanks, my friend!

    ReplyDelete