Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weekly Deals & A Brand New Stamp Set!

There is a brand new stamp set just released today! It is a photopolymer stamp set called Banner Blessings.  (Photopolymer is just the fancy word for clear stamps, you can see through them.)




You can see it on the Stampin' Up! website here: Banner Blessings

On the Stampin' Up! blog  there are a number of cards created by the artist who designed this set.  I liked some of her ideas. You can see them here.

I really like the idea of scripture verses on cards. I also like these verses quite well. Another thing I really like about these is that they look like chalk! How adorable!

The only thing I do not like, and I will say this very quietly: I wish they were wood mount.  My customers know this quite well already. And the ones who prefer the photopolymer shake their heads. That's okay. It just seems fussy to me when I have to find the clear block that fits, then peal the stamp off the acetate, put onto block, ink, stamp, clean, peel off & put both block & stamp away. And you cannot even just throw into the container like a wood mount! 

Yes, the photopolymer stamp sets costs less. That is a huge bonus for these stamps. And you don't have to know how to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position your image where you want it. You can see through the block & stamp & all!

But sigh, they only come in photopolymer. So if I like the stamp set enough, I will buy it. 

What are your favorite stamps? Do you prefer to spend less & have lots? Or are you like me & they need to work like you want them too? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter,
Jane


Weekly Deals are posted here.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like your expression here. It makes me smile big inside!!!! Yes, I feel like stamps should be wood mount...its sooo much less work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Wood-mount RULES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are sure making my day! It's so good to find those who are like me. But we need differences to keep variety & interest in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I must add my two bits and say that I disagree! #1 The other kind take way less space to store #2 You can see EXACTLY where you are stamping. Oh and the fact that they are cheaper... That all more than makes up for the bit of extra work. I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your preferences. I know I would get a lot more stamps on my shelf if they were all clear. Like at least double... Sigh. I wish my brain would at least register how much money I save when I stamp with clear, but doesn't seem to work.

      Delete