Wednesday, December 24, 2014

PAPER PUMPKIN MAKES BEAUTFUL GIFT WRAPPING!

It sure is looking like Christmas around here. The packages are showing up all wrapped pretty like. There is so much joy in the anticipation of giving a gift. It just makes it all the more fun if it's beautiful besides!



I had these 5 matching gifts that needed to be wrapped. I also had part of my November Paper Pumpkin kit waiting for another inspiration. Suddenly I realized that the one was the answer for the other. What is even better was that it didn't take very long...




I also had some tags left from a class I did last winter... You know, it doesn't really matter. I have so many plans in my head for each year that somehow don't get finished. This year I'm grateful. My work was done last year already!

The red & white is so festive & showy against the blue box.



You can see the crease line on the side of the box? That is the original fold line from the card. It will come in quite handy when opening the box later...



I used the same twine, added the white snowflake under the blue one, just like the original card. (You can see the original here: November Paper Pumpkin Kit)



The size of this box is 4 1/4" square by 2" tall.

I started with a 8 1/4" square of Soft Sky cardstock (It matched the Paper Pumpkin card base) Then I scored 2" in on all sides & folded the sides up to create the box.

Then I cut the card from the Paper Pumpkin kit in half. Scored to match the sides of the box & adhered to the bottom & the bottom half of the box (staying below the original score line which now is across the middle of the side of the box. You can see how the box opens in the above photo.). My apologies, I did not take a picture nor keep records of the exact measurements. 



Here you can see why I cut the Paper Pumpkin card in half. It doesn't meet in the middle on the bottom... But you have to turn it bottom up to see it, so I say it doesn't matter.



And now they are all sitting pretty & ready...



Does this find you wishing you had a Paper Pumpkin kit like this to create with? You can sign up for your very own right here: MY PAPER PUMPKIN

Wishing you fun with your gift wrapping
& a Merry Christmas to you all,
Jane

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment: