Tuesday, December 16, 2014

PLAYING WITH THE PAPER PUMPKIN STAMPS

Sometimes it is just fun to play with the stamps. The kits are wonderful. But when those cards are all made up & sent away, the fun isn't over.



My Pumpkin Challenge
I made these cards with the My Pumpkin Challenge in mind. You really need to check out what other beautiful things are made by  other wonderfully creative people with this same  kit by clicking on the image.

I also linked up to the Stampin' Up! Only Challenges. They have some beautiful work!








My Paper Pumpkin kit is all made up. (One more blog post coming with some beautiful gift wrapping, you will want to see that!) But I still have stamps & ink left!

With the stamps in the November 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit I wanted to try some ombre stamping.



I kept it to the Lost Lagoon ink & stamped off to get the lighter ink colors. (You stamp once on scrap paper before stamping onto the card front for the medium shade. Stamp twice onto scrap paper before stamping on the card front for the next lightest shade & so on. Stamping off the ink onto scrap paper brings you a lot of different shades of color with only 1 ink pad!)

I only used the November 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit stamps.

It's a clean & simple design using white paper. 

So really the only thing I needed to make a lot more cards was a package of Whisper White Cardstock & some Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Not bad, I'd say.



This one I tried slipping that baker's twine underneath the Merry Christmas sentiment. Wasn't the easiest thing to do. But I do kinda like the look it gives!

And here is the ombre style with the snowflake stamp!


I really stepped out of my box with that washi tape. 

(The washi tape came in the Paper Pumpkin kit. See here here how the original kit instructions say to do it.) 

That washi tape idea just stretches my imagination to the limit. Funny I know, but that is just how I am. I'm trying to try new things. So here I go!

I do like it because it is easy. It's easy for children. It looks care free. And I kinda like that for a change.

And I kept the inside simple as well:



May you find calm & the joy that a little simplicity brings this time of the year!
Jane



Oh, you wanted a Paper Pumpkin kit for yourself? Get your own, to your very own mailbox by signing up here!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. Way to use that Lost Lagoon ink spot! Thats a great idea....love the ombre effect in both cards and thou u said not easy the twine behind the sentiment...awesome!! So glad you shared with is at My Pumpkin Challenge!! Many blessings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are just gorgeous. I find so often that the simplest techniques yield the most amazing results - you've really hit on some beautiful cards! Thanks SO much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so pretty! I must agree the ombre effect turned out great! Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous CAS Christmas card- love the ombre effect!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ombre technique used in conjunction with the My Paper Pumpkin stamps! Great cards! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! these would make great cards to mass produce, so lovely and clean and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks so much for all your positive comments! I just really like my Paper Pumpkin kits...

    ReplyDelete