Wednesday, January 21, 2015

BUTTERFLY BASICS IN OMBRE



Here I am again with another vellum butterfly for you! This beauty I folded in half & adhered only along the butterfly body. The wings have a natural beautiful curve to them. 

Using Versamark Ink & Clear Embossing Powder to stamp the leaf image from the Butterfly Basics set. Heat set the powder. (When it turns shiny & smooth its done.) For this job I like to use my heat gun, but there are a lot of different options for you. Like holding it over the toaster or turning on a stove element & holding it over the heat, or using a hairdryer. I also find it works better to heat from the bottom side of the paper, as there is less risk of overheating & the embossing powder melting right into your paper. You don't want to ruin all your hard work.

Then I lined up my Pool Party, Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay Ink pads & used a Brayer to ink the background. I have used sponges which work pretty well, but the brayer does such a nice even job with so little effort. I like to start with the lightest ink & finish with the darkest one. Then use the lightest ink & go over everything one more time. (This only works with ombre color tone inking.)

This card is using one stamp & thinlits bundle from the new catalogue. You can save yourself 15% by ordering it with the bundle. Plus you would get a free Sale-A-Bration gift with this purchase alone... You can see the new Occasions Catalogue here! 
 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a hard time brayering without leaving abrupt lines - I'll have to try ombre cause that sounds a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel pretty new at this whole 'brayering' thing but I just love the smooth colors! And yes it is easier when you go from light to dark in one color!

      Delete
  2. This card is beautiful! Perfect color choice!
    I delight in brayer work. It's so much like painting and so easy. It's what first FIRST caught my eye at that first SU party I attended.
    (Try getting me to use patterned paper...now THAT'S a challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea for another challenge!!

      Delete
    2. Don't you dare! LOL! (It might be way too scary for you...the thing I come up with!)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your use of those sequins! & the butterfly perched on the ferns!

    ReplyDelete