Friday, January 16, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK + EMBOSS RESIST


THE CHALLENGE SPARK! WEEK TWO!



Sometimes a person needs a challenge to spark that fun spontaneous creativity. And boy, this one was a real challenge. It maybe didn't help that this week was crazy busy. And I say that like as if other weeks aren't. Smile.  (You can read about week one here & how this all started.) So here we go with week two... 

Grace from Create It Because You Can chose this week's challenge  to use the emboss resist technique & then she added a vintage twist to it all. Gulp. I can do emboss resist, but vintage?! You can check out card for the Challenge Spark here.





To me, vintage is collage. Plus pastel pretty colors like coral, mint & aqua with some sand & kraft. I wanted to use my new stamp set: Butterfly Basics. I think it does a dandy job of collage.

That key. Isn't it just lovely? I purchased this beauty from trusty ol' Walmart! Otherwise I stayed true to Stampin' Up! supplies.

But you know, as much as I like collage & vintage, I have a difficult time putting it together in a way that I am happy with. Perfectionist maybe. I don't know, but it stressed me out. So next week, to give myself a break I choose negative space. I'm thinking bold, clean & graphic for myself. Whew, that will be better.

Now I better go clean my inky fingers,
Jane


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Who says you can't do vintage emboss resist?? That card is gorgeous! I love that stamp set... Mmmm. By the way, I got my blog up at http://countrygirlcreates.blogspot.ca/ ! Hope it's okay if I start following along with your challenges?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane! You make me laugh!!! You are so good at this! I said to myself...MMMMMMM! Delish! You did a fine job! And I'm not even sorry I challenged you to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Okay. Thank-you for your kind comments. It was a challenge. I am quite happy with the results, truly. I also am glad to have been challenged. But counting my blessings that once in a while it will be my turn to pick the challenge!

    It doesn't help we had a super busy week, but that's relative & over for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have admired the vintage look, but don't know how to layer it. Could you explain a little the steps you took to achieve this??

    ReplyDelete