Friday, January 30, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK + NORTHERN LIGHTS

  
THE CHALLENGE SPARK! WEEK FOUR!

So the challenge this week was to make Northern Lights on a card. (You can read about week one here & how this all started.) And boy, did that ever spark a challenge! Here is the link Tara sent when she chose the challenge: Northern Lights Tutorial

I started out with trying to copy the tutorial, but I was still unhappy after 3 tries. I'm sure it was just me.


Here is what I started with:


I took the Daffodil Delight Ink Pad & started with swiping it directly onto the paper. I was after the vertical streaks in the Northern Lights. Then Old Olive came next. I was careful to put more green on the bottom (northern Lights to me seem to be the boldest in color on the bottom) & leave a little yellow showing. If you drag your ink pad vertically a lovely streak shows up! 

Then came Tempting Turquoise & Island Indigo & with sponges I filled in the rest of the sky. Then I finished off with Night of Navy to give a nice dark sky look.



I stamped the Pine tree from the Lovely As a Tree stamp set in Basic Black. The sentiment is a from a lovely birthday set that is from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. I stamped with White Staz-On ink onto vellum & wrapped the vellum around & glued behind the Old Olive cardstock.

Grace from Create It Because You Can & Tara from Country Girl {Creates} are both along with this challenge! Check out their blogs to see what they came up with!

And next week's challenge is 'all white' or 'all white with a tiny pop of color'! That is gonna be fun, I tell you! It will fit so perfect with my need of wedding cards.

Now I'm off to clean my inky fingers...
Jane




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. I like how you got a lot of bright colour in your card - I think I might have to try this way as well! And I like the colours you used... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I like the inkpad idea, too. It gives it the streaking that looks so real.

    ReplyDelete