Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A HAPPY NEGATIVE




Hmm. A happy negative?! It only works in your scrapbooking & card making. It is what you get when you use the negative space after you have cut out the word 'happy' using the 'Hello You' thinlits. 

Somehow in real life, negative never equals happy.



There is one small trick to making this work. Center the framelit on your cardstock, run it through the Big Shot. (the magnetic platform work wonders here, holds it in place to keep it from sliding around)

Before you take all the pieces out, take your glue pen & and dab your glue on the little pieces from the inside of the 'a' etc & around the outside of the framelit. (You don't want to get any on the word 'happy' itself) Now place it over your paper & using the stylus, pop those little pieces right onto the paper. The glue will keep them in place. Then release the outside paper from the framelit & once again the glue holds it in place. Then gently lift up the framelit & remove the 'happy' word & you can see that beautiful color showing through! Then add your birthday banner using dimensionals & you're done!


When I was brayering to make the cards for The Challenge Spark! I made a lot. Like I generally do when I'm having fun! I am so happy when I can play with color! And so I had a number of these & decided to try something a little different with them. You can check out the original cards here. These are using the same colors.



This last one I took Crystal Effects & dropped little dots onto the card at random. Love the raindrop effect that it gives! You need a safe place to let this dry because it takes a little while.

Now I for sure have inky fingers...
Jane


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty... I especially like that last one with the raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will CASE these for SURE! Love them! (Too bad my thinlets were backordered so I didn't get them yesterday! Waaaa)

    ReplyDelete