Friday, February 20, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + PUNCH ART





CHALLENGE SPARK! WEEK SEVEN

 This week's challenge is punch art!
Grace from Create It Because You Can  & Tara from Country Girl {Creates} are playing along with this. You want to check out their blogs to see what these artistic women came up with! (Tara chose this challenge.)

There is so many examples of punch art available that range from simple to extravagant... It was hard for me to decide. In the end I tried to keep it simple. I also took pictures as I went to show how I got what I have.

I searched Pinterest for punch art. (Gotta love Pinterest) and I found pictures of different birds you could make with Stampin' Up!s bird punch! Wow.

So here are my swans...  I have always loved pictures of swans. And don't you like the heart shape that is suggested with their necks & head? I made this as a wedding card. No sentiment on the front because I wasn't sure how to add that & decided to leave it off & keep it clean.

 

That background paper is 'The Best Year Ever' designer paper from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. I merely used sticky notes for a mask, Pool Party ink & sponged the water in. The rest make beautiful clouds!


And here are the pictures of how I got the pieces to make the swans... 


It was a little tough to figure out how to do the beak. I took the wing punch for the head & beak. (I used Pumpkin Pie for the beak). Then I cut across the orange to make the beak & flipped it over & glued it on upside down instead of matching the head shape. I thought it helped make the curve of the head & beak look a little more realistic.  

And then my Project Life journaling pens added the beak detail & a Sharpie colored the pearls for eyes.

And for the neck... You could use your oval framelits or anything with matching curves. This is what I came up with to use from what I have. I really like using punches to trim the shapes. It is a lot easier than trying to be steady with a scissors.



And then: Next Week's Challenge Spark! Grace wants us to create a fancy fold card! I am already having a tough time deciding which fancy fold idea to do... I better decide & start creating so I don't bomb out like last week!

Doesn't this just make you want to create something? What is your favorite part of card making & stamping? What kind of challenge would you like to see? Ideas are always welcome!
Jane








2 comments: