Monday, February 16, 2015

WATERCOLOR NORTHERN LIGHTS



Several weeks ago I was challenged to create Northern Lights on a card. After I was done creating that card, I decided to try one with watercolor.

And speaking of watercolor, you should check out Heather Telford's blog here. Her watercolor cards have been catching my eye for awhile. Especially the stamped images that bleed a little. So I decided to try my hand at it.


I took wet watercolor paper, my aqua painter (its a paint brush with a water barrel) & started with a swipe of Old Olive re-inker across the page. I waited until it was a little dryer & turned the page over & did the bottom of the Northern lights. I brushed in some yellow (so saffron) & added the blue ( Island Indigo & Night of Navy) I purposely let some of it run & bleed.

I then stamped the pine tree (from the Lovely as a Tree set) in Night of Navy ink. I have a bottle of alcohol mixed with shimmer paint.) I spritzed the inked stamp before stamping onto the paper. It gave a nice faded & fuzzy look!


I finished these cards with the Naturals White &Night of Navy card stock & the greetings from the Blossom with Hope hostess stamp set.

Enjoy!
Jane

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments: