Friday, March 6, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + A LITTLE FOUND ART!


 THE CHALLENGE SPARK! shows up for week nine!

I've been looking forward to this for a while. I've often been intrigued by artists who use items they already have at home in their art. I guess I needed a little challenge.. 

Grace from Create It Because You Can  & Tara from Country Girl {Creates} are playing along with this. You want to check out their blogs to see what these artistic women came up with! I know I will be heading over to their blogs to see what they came up with as soon as I can!

I've also shared my card at My Pumpkin Challenge blog. I've found some pretty amazing ideas there. Be sure to click on the blog button below to check out the other ideas!

My Pumpkin Challenge



So here it is:



Can you tell what the found item is? You see that corrugated cardboard? There is more to this, though. I used my Paper Pumpkin box! I get one every month. I often use them to store my card jackets or cards or the little leftover items from past kits so I know where they are. They are pretty & bright red plus a little glossy!







 
I cut my box apart & used the bottom where the pretty polka dots are. Then using my circle framelits & my Big Shot I cut the circle out of the middle.



I took one of the flaps & peeled the pretty red right off. It came off quite easily. That was a pleasant surprise. Then my Big Shot again & a banners framelits to cut the flag ends. I did this to both sides. 


I used watercolor paper & inked my Paper Pumpkin stamp with Pool Party. Then I spritzed with water before I stamped. I did the same with Daffodil Delight.



Now I didn't use this paper. Something didn't feel right. So I flipped it over & stamped the other side. Then I used my wood cut THANK-YOU that came in a previous kit. So handy to store some of those items! And then adhere it all together!

And there is the Challenge PLUS you got an alternative idea to using Paper Pumpkin! 

Next week I will be showing you what I can do with a product that I thought I would love, but ended up not using it a lot. I think everyone has something like that. Sometimes I need to go back & try something different with it & then sometimes I fall in love with it like I first thought I would.

Jane 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



4 comments:

  1. Very cool!! I wouldn't have thought of using the BOX on a card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love scavenger cards, lol... Great job, and thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is such a great upcycle! The pattern on the box is lovely for your card. Great job! Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im always looking for fun ways to use my Paper Pumpkin boxes. You wen above and beyond. Cool idea! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at My Pumpkin Challenge. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete