Friday, March 20, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! MAKES A SCENE! WEEK ELEVEN



THE CHALLENGE SPARK! 

It's week eleven already! This week the challenge is to make a scene.

Grace chose this one & I'm sure she wanted me to do some free form & water & put the whole landscape scene together. Maybe someday... It just so happened that the idea for creating backgrounds using my clear blocks had been floating around in my mind for awhile & I figured this was just as valid a 'scene' as any. 

Do be sure to check out Grace's blog:  Create It Because You Can. She does some amazing art with her stamps. Also please visit Tara at her blog: Country Girl {Creates}. She has some real creative genius & I have great fun seeing how she puts things together! I love watching how we can have the same challenge & yet the cards these girls come up with are beautiful & so different from the others. 



Here I chose watercolor paper & a long discontinued stamp set. (The sentiment is also discontinued.) I think I'm going through this phase of wanting to use what I can't use to sell. So then this isn't marketing of any sort. Just creating for the fun of it! Follow along & you may learn some things that may help you!

I started by stamping my image onto watercolor paper with Stazon ink. It's permanent & won't bleed when water touches it. Important with this technique. I also stamped a second image onto a sticky note & cut it out. If you look closely at the next picture you will see how I placed this sticky note over the original image.



 Next I took Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise & Pacific Point markers & colored straight onto my D size clear block. You can't really see the Soft Sky on the block but when it is stamped onto the paper it shows up. Start with your lightest marker then using the medium color & finish off with the darkest. You don't want to mess up your markers by getting dark ink on the lightest one.



Next I spritzed my watercolor paper with water & stamped my clear block down onto my paper. Here you will see my paper is on my pink foam mat. I found if it was on something softer the ink got closer to the image.

You can see the ink pools a bit & doesn't go everywhere perfectly. That is okay. I used paper towel to blot off the excess ink.



Here it shows the mask removed. I took my aqua paint pens & went over the sky & up to the image. It filled in the color nicely. Then I used that paint pen to finish coloring my image. I explained a little in this post here. I used Smoky Slate, Hello Honey, Baked Brown Sugar & Blackberry Bliss to finish the image. I just love the rich vibrant hue that Blackberry Bliss has.



Then I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate & then it was just assembly after that! 

So now you can crack open your old stamp sets & have fun with what you have!





Next week our challenge is to create a Quilt Block Card! Be sure to come back!

Jane
 



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Ah I like how you did your scene! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you can laugh at me all you like, but today I cried over your cards! I bet you'll understand when I tell you it's been a tough week. My friend lost her husband on Monday and now has five children to raise...alone. I see her in your paintings. Especially the baby card. Her youngest is only a year; her oldest is 14. Usually it's something written that touches a chord in my heart; today it's your thoughtful depiction of a lady. (BTW, I'm very satisfied with your scenes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work once again :-) I enjoy following you & checking the other's blogs too. Keep on touching hearts, it's more than just a sentiment! I'm in awe of just the thought, thanks for sharing it, Grace.

    ReplyDelete