Friday, March 13, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + SELDOM USED STAMP SET


IT'S CHALLENGE SPARK!

This time I'm showing you what I did with a stamp set that I thought I would use lots. And I haven't. Funny isn't it how we all have things that we don't use as much as we anticipated. Thankfully that is only true for a few things.

Grace from Create It Because You Can  & Tara from Country Girl {Creates} are playing along with this. You want to check out their blogs to see what these artistic women came up with! I know I will be heading over to their blogs to see what they came up with as soon as I can!



I thought I would use this stamp set a lot more than I have. It's called In This Together. I love the feminine style stamps. And everyone can use some girlish glamour! (The sentiment is from a discontinued set called 'Haute Couture'. I think it fits perfectly.)

So I'm not even sure why I don't use it more. Perhaps because coloring in is a little fussy. Not a lot. But it isn't quite as easy as just stamping and gluing. So we will just say that is why.

I will show you how I got a nice colored image without using Blendabilities markers.

I started with squishing my ink pad together before I opened it. Give it a good squish. You are wanting the top of the ink pad to touch the top of the lid. You can keep doing this to add ink to the lid anytime you need.

This is what it will look like when you open it:



Stamp your image on watercolor paper using Stazon ink. It's a permanent ink which won't bleed when water touches it. Here I am showing how I used a sticky note to mask off the sentiment from the image. Remove sticky note after inking stamp & before stamping. It's really so easy to do!





Next I took my aqua painter. It holds water in the barrel. Then I picked up some ink & started coloring in my image!  Where you color first is darkest so I used that when coloring in. It was easier than what I remembered!
 This last picture shows how I masked off the martini glass & added a gift bag! Now it makes for a perfect bridal shower card!




Okay. Now for the not so fun part:

6a00e54f95df92883401a511d84fbb970c-500wi

BLENDABILITIES UPDATE:  There have been continued quality issues with the Blendabilities Markers product line.  Due to the nature of the defect (see below), Stampin’ Up! has concluded that difficulties, dissatisfaction, and product returns will only become more widespread. The manufacturer is unable to correct the problem in a manner that Stampin’ Up! is certain would meet their high quality standards and provide them with a stable, long-term solution. Therefore, after a great deal of deliberation and in order to prevent further disappointment, the Blendabilities product line has been discontinued.

BLENDABILITIES Q & A
Q: Will the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad (item #132708) and the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad Refill (item #133456) still be available for purchase?
A: Yes. These items will continue to be available for purchase.  The Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad is my FAVORITE every day black ink.  So happy!
Q: What are the quality problems with this product?
A: When the tip is welded to the barrel, the welding process can leave microscopic (invisible) holes in the marker tip. This leads to accelerated evaporation of the alcohol in the ink.
Q: Are all Blendabilities markers defective?
A: No. Most Blendabilities markers work as intended and I personally haven’t experienced the drying issue but am aware of it from customers and fellow demonstrators.
Q:  What if I have Blendabilities markers that are defective?  If you ordered them through me, please email me for assistance.  If not, please contact the demonstrator you ordered them through.

Thank-you for bearing with me,
Jane




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. Such fun cards! I love those stamps but I'm sure I would have the same problem of not using them enough. Funny how you can't always tell what you'll end up loving and using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun cards! I love those stamps but I'm sure I would have the same problem of not using them enough. Funny how you can't always tell what you'll end up loving and using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you masked off the martini glass yet you can't even tell it!

    ReplyDelete