Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DIFFICULT NEWS....

I have some difficult news to share with you today.
 
I received this notice this afternoon:

Major changes are underway at Stampin' Up! We have been examining programs throughout the company to determine how effective each one is. After careful evaluation and consideration, Stampin’ Up! has determined that we will no longer offer My Digital Studio (aka MDS) or its associated professional print services. Though we understand that this announcement may be difficult for some of you, change is an inevitable part of any business; innovation is in fact one of our guiding principles at Stampin’ Up!

I do use this program to design my Wedding Books, Baby Books & Birth Announcements that you see on other pages on my blog. I am unsure at this time how this will affect this part of my business. Until May I will gladly continue to offer this service. At this time I cannot make any promise for after May 2015.


I also happen to be an eternal optimist. I am hanging on in hopes that some of these discontinued items are just preceding a fun new product announcement. (This is truly a shot in the dark. I have no insider report on that.)

 You know, change is hard. I want to accept the change & use it as an opportunity. 

Here are some questions & answers:

 
SOFTWARE
Q: When is the last day that users may order print products using Stampin’ Up!’s professional print services? 

A: May 31, 2015.
 

Q:After May 31, 2015, will users still be able to create projects using MDS and export them to be printed at other locations?
A:Yes.
 

Q:How long will MDS be available to new users?
A: The MDS trial and software discs will be available while supplies last. The trial and software downloads will be available until May 31, 2015.



DOWNLOADS
Q: What will happen to the digital downloads available on the online store?
A: They will be unavailable after May 31, 2015.
 

Q: Will Monthly Downloads and Weekly Deals digital downloads be discontinued? 
A: Yes. The last available Monthly Downloads will be released on March 17, 2015. Weekly Deals will no longer offer digital downloads.
 

Q: What happens to digital download images after Stampin’ Up! stops selling them? Are the limits on use still applicable?
A:As with all discontinued Stampin’ Up! products, you may continue to use them subject to the terms in the Angel Policy.
 

Q:Will Digital Download Manager be discontinued on May 31, 2015?
A:Yes. We recommend that your customers download and back up any digital downloads you have purchased, including MDS content, & Online Classes. 


If you have more questions, feel free to contact me.
Jane

2 comments: