Friday, April 17, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + CASE

 

It is CHALLENGE SPARK! time again...

This was my turn to choose the challenge & I wanted to CASE something out of one of the current Stampin' Up! catalogues. CASE means Copy & And Share Everything. I find inspiration in looking at the cards others make but I seldom actually copy... so I have been having fun...

My friends Grace from Create It Because You Can! & Tara from Country Girl Creates are both playing along with Challenge. Please do check out their blogs.

We all copy. That is how we learn. It happens from little on up: Do it like Mom or copy the example in the book. I find that it helps my creativity. Sometimes I'm not sure where to start & I start by copying something that I find beautiful or attractive & it doesn't take long & I change something up & I start creating something out of my own ideas. This whole internet, blog & Pinterest thing is just the greatest for that!

Here is the card from the catalogue that I chose to CASE. It is on page 55 of the 2014-2015 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue.



And here is my card:


I did a little switching out of colors & I traded the butterfly for flower. The chicken wire stamp from the Butterfly Basics stamp made a nice background detail. The sentiment is from a 2015 Sale-A-Bration set. Colors: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, & Basic Grey. 

My favorite part? It's that typeset paper that makes my heart go crazy! 

Here is 2 more color options for you:



 

Another way to find creativity is to start with a challenge. There are a lot of options out there when you start searching stamp blogs. This is why I love this Challenge Spark! blog so much. First it gives me a deadline. I'm a perfect procrastinator & I find that my own deadlines & goals don't always hold me responsible. Here I have others keeping tabs on me. Second reason why it's good: It starts with an idea & I can make it my own way. It isn't always what I think I would like at first but this way I can grow into other ideas. I think that is pure creativity. And you know... everyone can do that in their own way! (This is also why I'm loving Paper Pumpkin...)

And next week? 

Next week we get to/have to make a pop-up card. Tara sure makes it hard for us... But I think once I get willing it will be fun! 

Wishing you a great weekend!
Jane

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did! And while you know I'm not a huge fan of DSP, I can't be without Typeset paper either. It SPEAKS to me! They better not retire it!

    Personally I think YOUR cards turned out a lot prettier than the catty card, although that one is nice, too. Just not ME, like yours are...pink and all!

    ReplyDelete