Friday, April 3, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

 

THE CHALLENGE SPARK! 

It's the thirteenth week of Challenge Spark! This week the challenge is to use designer series paper.

Tara chose this one & I love the wide open options this brings.

Do be sure to check out Grace's blog:  Create It Because You Can. Also please visit Tara at her blog: Country Girl {Creates}. I love watching how we can have the same challenge & yet the cards these girls come up with are beautiful & so different from the others.




This card is really quite an easy card. Truly!

I stamped on the patterned paper with VersaMark ink. (the new Stampin' Up! ink pads also work.) Then embossed with the black embossing powder. I used the regular Stampin' Write Markers to color the red, black & grey. I used the chalk marker to color in the chef's white hat & coat. I kinda like how the background image shows through a wee bit.

I also used Sahara Sand & Crumb Cake to add a shadow around the image. I love how that seems to pop the image off the paper.




This chef stamp set is called Voila! I am grieved that it has been retired for a long time. But I really love this set & I do not want to part with this one. I was really tickled with how the Happy Birthday sentiment from the last Paper Pumpkin kit fits with the image. So the good news is that it's not all retired!

The next challenge coming up is a card for youth aged men. I think this one might be a little more challenging...

Happy Stamping!
Jane

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. I love how you stamped and coloured onto your paper.. Cool idea! And that chef is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been here in a long time.. what a lot of great cards!

    ReplyDelete