Friday, April 24, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + POP UP CARDS


It's Friday & that means it time for another CHALLENGE SPARK! blog hop...

Tara from Country Girl Creates chose this challenge & Grace Create It Because You Can! & I both groaned. It is kinda a funny thing about doing this with friends in that it is fun to choose something that will push the creativity of the others... but only when I choose it. Right?! 

So I turned to Pinterest. I haven't been too enthused about the pop-up cards I've seen. But trust Pinterest to change that. 

(There were so many fun ideas that I started my own Pop Up Cards board on Pinterest. You can see it here.) 

It helps that Mother's Day is coming & I love to make special cards for those special women who have made such an incredible difference in my life. 

So here we go...



Colors: Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush & Mellow Moss

I found this lovely idea by Notable Nest. And she had such lovely clear instructions with pictures that I didn't bother writing my own. You can check them out here:  Pop-Up Card instructions at Notable Nest 


Colors: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Canteloupe & Pistachio Pudding.

The flowers I die cut out of creped filter paper. Lovely stuff. I colored them with my water pen... until I thought of just squeezing my ink pads & adding a little water to the lid. Then I dropped the flower right into the color... & lifted out to dry. Fast & fun!

Next week we have the challenge of creating something tropical with yellow, coral & green... So be sure to come back!

Jane
 

3 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous card! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking how in the world do you do that? Is it a card? Then I read the instructions at notable nest... And it began to make sense. Cool! Wow! I really like this pop up card.

    ReplyDelete