Friday, May 1, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + TROPICAL WITH YELLOW, CORAL & GREEN

Here I am for another round of THE CHALLENGE SPARK! 
Grace chose this challenge of creating something tropical with yellow, coral & green. She nearly threatened to specify which colors... but thankfully she was merciful on that point!
Be sure to hop on over to Grace's blog:  Create It Because You Can.  And do visit Tara at her blog: Country Girl {Creates}. It is so much fun doing this whole challenge thing with these girls!

Here is my card:


Yes, the main image is a retired stamp. But the palm tree? That is the fern stamp from Butterfly Basics! I wished I had a photopolymer stamp that would have worked for the palm trunk... because I could bend it to the shape I wanted... so you will need to use your imagination in that area!

I used my water pen on Watercolor paper to color the background & the image. Just makes me wish I had a beach where I could sit in the sun. I guess I'll use my front step for now!

Colors: Mellow Moss, Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe, Daffodil Delight, Lost Lagoon & Crumb Cake.

Come back next week to see what we have created with something that is due to retire at the end of the month...
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Ahh... What a lovely beach card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, especially your "palm fronds" from Butterfly Basics. Brilliant use of that image! Peaceful setting!

    ReplyDelete