Friday, June 5, 2015

CHALLENGE SPARK! + PEONIES IN WATERCOLOR


 
This is that gorgeous flower again! I've had so much fun with this flower image & I know already this is just the beginning of a lot of fun.

Tara chose this week's challenge & she gave us a lot of room! She chose birthday because she was low on birthday cards. It was my lucky day because I happen to be too. 

You do need to see these girl's blogs who have so much fun with this like I do! Grace's blog:  Create It Because You Can & Tara's blog: Country Girl {Creates} You do want to see what they have created with this theme. We have so much fun & we love it if you share your comments! 
 

How I did it:
1. I stamped the flower from the You've Got This stamp set with Versamark ink & heat embossed with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper. I then cut out a mask & covered the first flower & stamped the second flower & repeated the embossing. This way the flower lines don't overlap.

2. I wet the flower image with my aqua painter (fancy name for a  pen with a water barrel instead of ink.) & dropped blushing bride ink onto it. (squish your ink pad before you open it. Open it & use the ink that pools onto the lid.)

3. The stem & leaves I used So Saffron ink & pear pizzaz. Same way. Wet your paper first. Then drop ink on. Easy. Truth!

4. Stamp sentiment with Blushing Bride. This sweet little sentiment is my favorite! It comes from a new stamp set called Sprinkles of Life. It's Photopolymer & only $26! Has 22 gorgeous images!

5. Wrap white bakers twine around & adhere to a Blushing Bride card base & you are done.

Now if you know me... I did the first card.. drooled with wonder & turned around & made a bunch more in many colors. So versatile. So gorgeous. So so so addicting.

Enjoy!
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and delicate looking - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up on your blog and loving what I see! Man I wish this was gonna show up in my mailbox! Completely my type!!

    ReplyDelete